Modem-Router blocks several types of connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffrez

Beta member
Hi there. As you might notice by my low number of posts (probably 1 o.o), I'm new here, so, hi there Tech Forums guys!

Anyway, I got an ASUS DSL-N11 Modem Router and it gives me a big trouble. To start off, in a quite.... non regular timing, my M-R decides to block me Internet access or something. All lights are on and seem like a complete normal functioning M-R doing his role on Earth, but... it blocks access to the Internet. A restart normally fixes it... another thing is that it sometimes blocks NETWORK access. It even makes Windows sometimes stay quite a while "Identifying" the network. Another thing that apparently ****es my mother is that the Wi-Fi access is not very stable. One minute works pretty fine, next minute she doesn't have any access.

I got all firmware updated (V0.00.17, and just for the record, if it is important, the boot version, whatever that is, is V0.02). And also, this has happened with another router of mine, but I decided it might be a faulty modem, so I moved on. But this one also has the same problem. So it's annoying. Another thing is that I got a M-R that came from the ISP some time ago that seems to work fine, no crashes, no Wi-Fi lost, etc. But I don't feel like using it. :silly: Anyway... I hope you guys (and girls... :silly:) can get me some answers to one of my longest first-post-on-a-tech-forum ever. Hopefully my Internet access will not blocking while sending it! o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom