Low Wireless Speed with Good Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fezzik031

Beta member
I am pretty much at my wits end with this problem. My computer got nailed with some spyware a couple months back and even after clearing it all out I ran into a problem with not being able to connect to any network and coming up with limited to no connectivity. I ran a tool, dont remember the name of it off hand to take care of that problem. But since then I will have a good signal, and the signal maxes out at 5.5 mbps when other computers are at 32 mpbs. I never had a problem with this until the spyware. Location in my house has never been an issue that generated this much frustration. Is there another step that I should have looked into after resolving the limited to no connectivity issue?

I do not think the router is the issue, or we would be seeing problems with other computers that are accessing the wireless router. The problem is not just at home, but also at work. But in case it is relevant

I have the encryption on the router set to 26 hexadecimals. WEP and Shared. All the settings match and I am using the correct Key that is designated by the routers Key Index.

I am pretty tech savvy and am not opposed to looking into anything to see if we can find a resolution to the problem.

I restored the O/S from Back up disks, so I dont see why it wouldnt be. Restoring the o/s resolved every other issue that the initial cleaning did not.

The restore point still could have been affected. Go to the Virus area and follow Osiris's guide to spyware removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom