A lot of problems with this new network

Status
Not open for further replies.

4uvak

In Runtime
I am just got a D-Link router to replace my belkin one. It is a D-Link 615
I tried to set it up but I am getting a lot of problems
One of my questions is.. I have bellsouth DSL which is listed under broadband connections and it is disconnected and under LAN High speed I have two connections that are enabled. When I tried to plug and set the new router it wouldnt work but if I would connect to my bellsouth connection it will. Why is Belkin router works without me connecting to bellsouth network?
Is there any other software like Network Magic that is not even free?

You have to reset teh modem after connecting it to the new router so that it can recognize it and work thru it.

First shut down the PC. Then unplug the router. Then unplug the modem.

First plug in the Router. Then Plug in the Modem. The restart the PC after those have gone thru their booting phases.

It should work then. This is done to ensure the router detects the modem and vice versa.

This router is a complete nightmare I can set up network but I cant connect to it from other computers
Can someone explain how is my current router detects the signal from bellsouth without me even trying to dial the bellsouth thing?

Well that is just the thing. How are you using the bell south signal?

DSL and Cable would have to have a modem. If not then it would have to go thru a dial up connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom