linking 2 wireless router

Status
Not open for further replies.

mode8power

Baseband Member
the question i have is will i be able to connect 2 wireless router together so that i can hardwire then 2nd wire into the xbox 360 and have internet connection for it? i have 2 wireless router, a wrt54gs and a befw11s4. wut i want to do is bridge the befw11s4 to the wrt54gs and connect the network cable from the befw11s4 to the xbox 360. will that work? i dont wanna spend another $100 on microsoft wireless adapter when i have a extra wireless router lying around.

i think they'll interfere with one another but i think you can bridge them together but im not hot in networking, it may be a good investment to go with the adaptor for your 360

By default I dont think these routers would be capable of doing what you want. I know that some linksys access points also have "When set to "AP Client" and "Wireless Bridge" mode, this device will only communicate with another Linksys Access Point (WAP54G). When set to "Wireless Repeater" mode, this device will only communicate with another Linksys Access Point (WAP54G) and Linksys Wireless-G Router (WRT54G)." This is what you will see during the setup in some linksys access points.

Chances are you would have to find modified firmware - that may or may not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom