Limited or No Activity (error msg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i did what DBB said and couldnt find anything when i right clicked the adapter about ipv4 or even properties...went too everytab and nothing... and im running a hardwire conn. no router .... u guys dont think its the #2 at the end of the adapter name...? that i need to change it so it dosnt say that... but i dont have two adapters it jus says #2 ... idk -.-

and the cable works fine on this computer... i switch back n forth with that computer.. n when i get that network problem fixed im gunna set up a router

16hk8jr.png

ipv4 is highlighted, the properties button is just below that.

And also check it on the computer that does work. Maybe you NEED static entries. :)

k bruce when i did ipconfig it shows my ip adress...

dbb all i have is ( internet protocol tcp/ip ) theres a few others above it but nothing with version 4/6 and i did check the properties with that thanks for the pic its all set to automatic .... hope we arent running out of fix's =-( thx for ur help so far tho guys

what IP is it giving you?

check the tcp/ip properties of the working comp

auto configuration ip -- 169.254.32.15 and thats not my ip adress for my working computer... nething else guys?

169 addresses are windows default networking addresses.

what is it on your other computer? I'm beginning to suspect you have a static entry on the other computer.

go to the working comps tcp/ip properties and see if its staticly entered in there, and enter the same thing in the other comp.

did alittle search on google to see what you meant by saticly entered... and in tcp/ip properties its set to automatic (in both working computer and other) so theres no ip address there..

just to note again i have no router so it must be some kind of setting in my other computer thats not correct =-| ...

the computer/internet im almost positive was working fine where it normally was then was moved to my apartment and now the problem started

Hmmmmmmmm very odd.

possibly something in that modem binds itself to the mac address of one computer so you can't connect others without leaving the modem off for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom