Let me get this straight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sina94

Beta member
Some ISPs offer multilinking accounts... but as I understand it you could also just have two seperate dialup accounts running on seperate modems and phonelines. Is that right, or am I way off?

Yes and pay twice as much for both the ISP service and the additional phone line. If you going to do that get DSL and a router.

Yes, I'm aware of that...

But what I was wondering is how the speed would compare to DSL on two v.92 modems with "accelerated" dialup and modem hacks/modem boosting software.

And I'm not interested in flames, just facts...

Oh your talking about the two modem on the one computer. That wont work. You will get 56k from both of the ISP's but they would not combine. Example: You wouldnt be able to download a file any faster or get better pings on video games. But you could download two different files at once both using the full 56k instead of sharing one 56k connection.

I don't know if your ISP offers ISDN, but with ISDN you can use two phonelines on one computer....it's very expensive and you only get 128Kbps

That's why I was asking... thought I might have finally found a way to stick it to the DSL giants... guess not.

DSL isn't that bad for around $20/month... but then the phone company steps in and charges an arm and a leg for setup and to keep the service going.

I'll try to find the ISP that said otherwise... then I'll see if I can figure out what the deal was, or post the link so you can tell me what they were talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom