Legal question on wireless network-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinni_The_Geek

Beta member
I recently had a problem with the police where a company accused me of hacking their computers because my wireless antennae was picked up by their wireless network. They broadcast broadband internet as a service city wide, and have accused me of this ridiculous charge after they said they were able to see my equipment when one of their technicians did a scan.
The police questioned me about it but I have never been charged a crime, yet the police took all my computer equipment (which I desperately need to do my work) including non-related equipment they felt they wanted (speakers, joysticks and all the cd's I had in my house, including music cd's) and left.
This all happened back in October of 2003, and they still haven't charged me with anything, but they haven't returned anything either. I am not getting any answers from anyone about this matter, and every lawyer I talk to says I just have to wait. But here's the topper, even though I told the police about my equipment and that I wasn't hacking, it was simply a free wireless channel overlapping, they still didn't understand a single thing they were hearing, and I think they went overboard. This company obviously told the police what they wanted to hear just to get them involved, but now the FBI issued a warrant for my equipment claiming I was interfering with a broadcast transmission.
Does anyone have any idea what I can do? I can't get any answers from the FBI and they never charged me with a crime, but still won't give me back my stuff.

Vinni

Damn that sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not a lawyer so I wouldn't know what to do about it, sorry. Where are you and what company is this?

what happened to you sounds unconstitutional. if your stuff is worth the cost i would ask a lawyer about what you can do about it. it would be nice if somehow the city was at fault and you win millions from the case. or at least they find the ISP at fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom