Laptop not getting onto wireless network

Status
Not open for further replies.
try uninstalling//reinstalling the driver, reseat the card as well.

may want to check what channel the adapter is using to connect in the device properties and whether its set to use infrastructure network.

is the card pcmcia or internal? Double check the router has DHCP running and that is has a large enough address pool, then restart the router. I can't think of anything else...you may have to call the manufacturer.

The card is an internal.

The router definantly has dhcp running.

I haven't tried uninstalling the drivers but i will try when i get home.

What do you mean by infrastructure network?

I have never messed with the channels on a WAP anyway there should be no need there are no other waps around so there is no overlap.

I cannot get into the netgear switch to see the settings there that would help a great deal. Is there any way i can resolve names over the network.

I have tried a program from solarwinds but it on showed systems hooked up and running and routers.

Is there anything i can use in the command line?

hey guys i really appreciate the help and when i am done i will be keeping this somewhere i can get a hold on it quickly.

this is baflleing (baffeling? speelling bad LOL)
At this point I would personally would reset the router to factor defaults and start over.

try connecting the router to the laptop via a network cable (should have at least on port on the back...) See if you can link to the net that way...

You should be able to access the router by inputing its ip address into a web browser. The default user and pass (assuming it was not changed would be in the manual and is usally just admin and no pass)

If you do a factory reset, hold the reset button on the back in for 10 seconds then if the pass was changed that will reset it too.

It's funny you should mention that i have been on the floor for the past 2 days using it through the hard line which was connected to the wireless switch and it works fine the hard part is getting of the floor.

Thats my last option resetting the switch and starting again it could be a key issue without a doubt.

I guess it's time for a reset i had to go through all this to see if there was another issue the only way you'll learn.

It will only take me 10 minutes thats the funny thing i have been working on this for 3 weeks on and off.:rolleyes:

LOL then you are a techy! Lets try every conveluted way to make it work first, then do the easy thing and just reset it LOL I love it!

This is how we learn frustrating.

I have just reset and set it all back up again and for some reason when i secure it with wep 64bit the laptop will not work, when i disable the wep it works.

So i have left it disabled for now and i will just add the MAC addresses to the access list i don't know how secure it is.

Any thoughts on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom