Laptop and network card - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Internet > Computer Networking and Internet Hardware
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 04:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to dykzeulb Send a message via MSN to dykzeulb Send a message via Yahoo to dykzeulb
Default Laptop and network card

I just got a used laptop from a friend and purchased a nework card to put in it, It came with a disk and I cannot seem to get the driver to work?? It is an Intellinet PMCIA 10/100 Network card that came with a disk...which I do not know how to set up or anything, as for the laptop it is a Compaq Presario 1256 (I think) It was hooked up to dial up and I have no clue how to install this card besides the fact to pop it in and pop the disk in...? Can u guys help me????

Old 10-08-2004, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

You might have to download the driver directly from the company site.

Does the laptop have a floppy drive?

If so, you can try using that disk to install the needed drivers. Simply Plug in the card, wait for the windows hardware setup wizard to pop up, hit next when you get to the part that asks for the location of the drivers just click on the "floppy" check box. That should look at the floppy drive and install the drivers. Once thats done, you might have to reboot.

Give it a shot and let us know what happens.

Old 10-13-2004, 03:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to dykzeulb Send a message via MSN to dykzeulb Send a message via Yahoo to dykzeulb

Ok well the card is up and running although I do not know what is needed to plug instraight to the network...a little help?? I had dial-up on it and when I had the card plugged in I clciked on the internet Icon and it tells me to dial-up do I need to set up a network connection or does that do it by it's self?? If so let me know how...

~Hit me up on *AIM*drexoyl-*Yahoo*dykzeulb-*MSN*brett_dykzeul Instant Messengers~MidwestCustomz.Net
Closed Thread