I've found out what it is. Now I need help and dirrections!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
Ok. I posted a thread when I had problems with Halo online and loosing network connection. I wanted to get spider man 2 demo, and it said to download it of a program called bit torent or something like that and gave me a little file. I download the program and when I try to download, it either doesn't connect or downloads at a rate of about 4 kilobites a second on cable where normally it is 300k/s. It said that if it goes that slow it is because of either firewall or proxy thing. I took my ZoneAlarm off and didn't work. I think the router has some firewall or something like that. I don't know how to take that off and if it is safe to do it. Any help, comments, suggestions, are appreciated. Thanks. If you need info on the router/wireless ethernet thing just PM me or post please.

The thing with bit torrent is your speed depends on how many people are seeding the file and their connections. Firewalls and proxy's can play a small part in slow speeds, but mostly it's due to leechers who don't seed after they download something.

Just leave the bit torrent windows open after the DL is complete. I usaully leave my windows open anywhere from 30 minutes to 45 minutes after a finished download.

Once you feel you have seeded long enough, simply close the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom