Ip adress conflict!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikePB3

In Runtime
A bubble pops up and says There is an ip address conflict with anither system on the network whats this mean its on bout my laptop that i'm configuring to be wireless and my desktop how can i get rid of it?????

An IP address conflict means that you two computers that have the same IP address.A static IP is one that you manually assign.
Check your TCP/IP properties and set them to obtain an IP address automatically.(right-click my network places and select properties/right-click on the adapter and select properties/scroll to you see TCP/IP select it and select the properties button.Set it to obtain an IP automatically and DNS also_On your wireless router make sure DHCP is anabled and then start/run type in cmd/in the command promt ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew and see if the problem is still there.

Then it is proably better just to reset the router and modem.Unplug the modem for about 45 sec or so.While you are doing this get a paperclip and press the little reset button on the router.Power up the modem wait for it to boot up then release the reset button.This will reset it to factory defaults.Then go into the router set-up page.Do this through a computer that is wired to the router.Do a start/run/cmd ipconfig and wright down the default gateway.Type that address in the address bar of your broswer and that will bring you to the router set-up page.Depending on what router it is,is what the default password is for the router.Then set-up the router the way you like it.There is also a staus page it the router set-up make sure it is getting an IP from the modem.

Yeah that happens every once in a while with cheap rotuers

release and renew is the best thing to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom