IP address change

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddie05

Solid State Member
I was told by my ISP that I needed to purchase a new wireless modem in order for my IP address to change.
I accidentally clicked register twice on a website, therefore, I was banned. I have tried unplugging my modem for 24 hrs, but My ip is still banned. Is there a way around this? I don't want to use a proxy server. Can you guys give me some recommendations (links) to some wireless modems and/or routers that have great strength. I have 5 computers, 1 tv, and an ipad/360/ps3 connected that I would like to have great signal in my garage and backyard. Thanks in advance everyone.

The best thing to do would be to email the admins or support page for that website and explain the situation to them, they should be fine with unbanning you over a simple mistake like this.

That's not a modem, remixed. But like Soul said, shouldn't need to purchase a new modem just to change your IP.. Just email the admins/support team of the site and tell them what happened.

Unfortunately, I have contacted admin, and they don't want to unban the ip. What do you all think about the netgear n900 or the ea4500 router?
Would getting a new modem rectify my problem? Or do I have to switch ISP's

new modem should give you a new IP address.

why not give amped wireless a try?>

Because he wants a modem... -.-

If your ISP refuses to give you a new IP, then chances are they lock the IP to the MAC address, and if you want a new modem with a new IP, you may have to buy one from your ISP. Aside from this, TF can not, and will not help you by-pass bans from other websites or services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom