Internet Problem; Reformat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tox

Beta member
I was reformating my PC and everything went smoothly until I tried to access the internet. It doesnt have a connection and when I tried to create one nothing happens and it doesnt create one. I have tried multiple Windows XP discs and still nothing happens. Everything was working fine until I reformated. Any solutions?

go to your loopback address which is usually 172.168.0.1 and then add your MAC address(s) from there. Or maybe you have to reinstall your Router/Modem.

have you checked to see if the drivers where even installed, therefore maybe the system doesnt see that you even have a network card installed?

go to "device manager" and check.

sinci said:
go to your loopback address which is usually 172.168.0.1....

INCORRECT.... loopback address is 127.0.0.1.

Can you describe the type of network you are using?
dial up internet with modem?
broadband with PC connected directly to modem?
broadband with modem connected to wired/wireless router?

Have you updated all of the drivers on the computer?

sinci said:
Your loopback depends on your brand of Router/Modem.

No, When you want to test your Network Card/ Onboard nic, whichever your using, you can ping it by going to cmd and typing ping 127.0.0.1 .

Etheral is correct.

Obviously uninstalling and reinstalling the driver would be the first thing to try, Get an updated driver off the internet also.

If it is a PCI NIC card then Remove it through Device manager, turn off the computer, take the NIC Card out, then move it to a new PCI Slot, then restart PC, then install driver.

If you have a router make sure that the PC is not set to a static address or that the PC is set to obtain the DNS information and IP adress autmatically. Or you could try Resetting the modem and then the router. Again, only if you have a router.

I think he meant to say default gateway. The IP address you would enter in a web browser to get into the router configuration pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom