Internet goes out when "away"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griggs2121

Baseband Member
I just got a new computer, and I've never delt with whatever setting is doing this. I have Windows XP Media and when my computer goes into whatever powersave mode, when the monitor shuts off (not just when going into screen saver) its shuts off my internet connection.

I have cable internet on a wireless routers. I'd like to change this so my internet just stays on like I'm used to.

Thanks

See in your network properties, in manager of energy, if option "Computer can turn off the device..." is check, if it is check then uncheck this option.

Sounds like it is going into standby or hibernation. Right click the desktop, select properties. Then click the screen saver tab. Then the button that says power. Set system standby to never, turn off hard disks to never, and then disable hibernation. That should do it.

you dont even need to do that, just go into DM, find the network card, then in its properties disable its power saving mode to NOT turn off.

killians45 said:
you dont even need to do that, just go into DM, find the network card, then in its properties disable its power saving mode to NOT turn off.

See, that's why this place is great. More minds, more solutions. More ideas. Stuff one person may not think of. Most times there are several possible solutions and the person with the issue can use whichever works best or easiest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom