Internet Explorer goes offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

zimbaro

Beta member
Intermittently, while connected to the internet through my broadband connection, a message pops up that IE is offline and gives two options - connect or work offline.

If I select connect, my dial-up scren pops up. If I select FILE->Work Offline to toggle it back online, the next web site pops up the same message.

This occurs both on my desktop (the one with the wireless router connected) and my laptop that connects through the wieless connection.

Can anyone help??

Got Firefox, but it doesn't support my touchpad scrolling and doesn't fix this problem which is the essence of my post.

Go to Control Panel-Internet Option/Connection

Where it says Dialup and Virutal Private Network Setting:

Make sure nothing is there, else remove it. Now click on LAN settings, make sure nothing is check. Click ok to save. Try the IE again.

For Firefox, update your touchpad driver and the scroll will work.

I do have two dial-up entries, but I need to keep them for when I am on the road or my broadband connection goes down.

However, the "Never Dial a Connection" radio button is checked.

Previously this was not a problem. Something changed.

As for Firefox, I checked the mfrs website and it did not have an updated driver (ACER 3613LCI laptop).

Any other ideas? I saw some posts that asked for a Hijack This output for someone to analyze. Any possibility this might help?

Who do you send the output to?

Thanks for the help.

Are you behind a router or connected to the modem?And what type of broadband connection (ex. DSL, Cable?). And who is your provider?

For Firefox you need to update the synaptic driver. Check device manager or control panel if there are synaptic product listed, most likely your Acer laptop uses the synaptic touchpad. I know because I own an Acer TravelMate.

http://www.synaptics.com/support/drive.cfm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom