Internet connection and isp issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

trustedbasset

Beta member
I am having serious problems with my internet connections and would like some input. I doubt there is anything I can do but it's worth a try. Sorry my post is long.

A little background: I live in a very rural area and only have an option of one ISP/phone company. About 2 months ago it was almost impossible to connect. Once we got connected the speed was around 21 kbps. There was obviously some major interference on the line which was even effecting phone calls; hang-ups, fuzziness, weird echos that sound like Darth Vader lol.

There was a hum at the hub for the phoneline outside on the house. The ISP said since there is a hum at the hub that means it is a problem at their end. They finally fixed it after almost 2 weeks of phone calls, and only 1 visit by a tech guy. He said it was some issues with new hardware they installed. I was back up to 40kpbs, which is extremely good for how far in the boonies I live.

3 weeks ago I had speeds of 44 kbps. Well the problem is back, difficult to connect but not as many disconnects, speed is between 16.8-19.2kbps. I told the serviceman who was here that I was connecting at 44kbps a couple weeks prior, he didn't seem to believe me and said average should be around 26. We've lived in this house for about 3 years and 40kbps has always been average for me. There is a hum again on the line, but the ISP can't find what is causing the interference. They have checked the wiring here and all along the line that is connecting us to the office

I am at a loss. I don't know if there is anything I can do or if there is something the ISP ISN'T doing. My only other option is satellite but I don't know if I can afford it.

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.

i have a motorola v330 cellphone with tmobile service. i pay 20 bucks a month for unlimited inet access. i usually connect at 115k. so if you get cellphone service you may want to look into inet services through them. i got the phone for free after rebate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom