Internet connection drops out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake-Eyes

Daemon Poster
Comcast internet connection. My network connections report i should be getting 10Mbps. I have the Motorola SB5120 modem, with a Linksys BEFSX41 router. I have tried connecting my computer directly to the modem with no luck.

The trouble is that every three minutes or so, the connection seems to drop out for anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds at a time. It really affects me during games because i'll freeze for that 5 to 30 seconds, usually getting me killed. When it isn't acting weird and freezing on me, it runs as smooth as ice.

What could be going on? The only options i can think of that i haven't tried is my LAN card in my computer could be bad, or the connection from Comcast is bad. I don't know whether the modem is causing it, or the connection to the house.

There are three computers on that router. My fathers, the "head" of the chain. Mine, the "second in command." And my mother's. The connection acts the same on mine and my fathers, although i have not tried my mothers.

Sounds like you may want to give Comcast a call and see what they say. Especially if you are seeing that behavior on multiple computers.

I was about to, but i figured i should make a thread about it, just in case someone knows something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom