i need someone (really really) smart about ports and networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I'm in my college dorms and we students are unable to forward ports even when I have my own router and such. So if I forward 6112 TCP/UDP for warcraft 3 in my router, my school's internet still has that port blocked. I have tried it by hosting a warcraft 3 game and no one could join and used the utorrent port forwarding checker and it still has it blocked.

Luckily I searched the net and found a website where it scans for open ports. (auditmypc.com). It showed that I had certain ports open, i forwarded it with my router and all works pretty good. However, the problem arises when I create a warcraft 3 game, the port seems blocked. When i check on the website such as utorrent's port checker then it still has it open.

Now its pretty obvious that that port is in use by some sort of application. I was wondering if I can like block that application or something because of the open port. What are some other walk-around of having an open port? im stuck joining games and being unable to host games in my school. Please give me your opinion and advice on this one rather than saying "ask your IT" because I asked them and they don't know what I'm talking about.

i just found out that the ports are "stealth" instead of "closed" so there is somewhat a chance.

i don't believe tech forums offers any sort of work arounds for getting by school devices/firewalls.
those ports are not available for a reason.

That is correct. We will not help anyone bypass any security measures put in place by a IT Department or Parent. Be at work or school.

The port forwarding is disabled for a reason on Uni's. Contact the IT People for assistance on the matter.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom