How to setup win2k3 users account idle timout

Status
Not open for further replies.

linux1880

In Runtime
I have a win2k3 servers and about 60 users. I want the user accounts to be logged off automatically on the computer when the computer is idle for x amount of time. How do i do that ? please help me.

Thank you.

I don't know how you have your's set up, but in my experience, if you go to the said users you want to be logged off, you can change it by going into their profile in active directory. I forget which tab it is, but it's pretty self explanatory. Just poke around.

If you're not using active directory, then disregard this. I have no clue. But I assume you are...

You mean the account lockout like after 30 minutes which is usually the default for most organizations.....

Yes it does work. The problem is, you are basically replacing the screen saver so whatever time you set for that is the time for this. I was wanting something that was in addition to any screen savers. And that can't be disabled or changed by the users. This might do what I want however. Our corporate policy is a 10 minute max screen saver kick in time. Heck I have file transfers that take longer sometimes.
Guess I can test it on the users I don't like very much....

That's the only way I've found.
I use it on shared computers where I've run into people leaving their e-mail up.

You can add a GPO to disable users to be able to change their screensaver settings (my guess is you have one in place for the 10 minute max already).

As well, I script the addition of the screensaver to each user's account via a login script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom