hookin 2 pc's together

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloud

In Runtime
ok me and my friend wanna hook our pc's together to play warcraft, but we cant get them to connect, i went through connection wizard and all that, but it still doesn't work, any advice?

it is still possible to connect the 2 PC's 2gether providing that you have network cards in both. To connect directly 2 each other u need a crossover cable. set the IP address on both machines to something similar to 192.168.0.XX where XX on either machine is a number that has to be different (anywhere between 1 - 254). make sure the subnet mask is the same on both PC's and your in business

get a cross over cable, plugg in boath computers to it. Open proporties on that nic (on boath machines) manually set in the ip and netmast. Do the same on the other.

Eg.
192.168.1.100/255.255.255.0
192.168.1.101/255.255.255.0

Play WC3 and cursh him as undead. :)

ok i did that, what about the gateway? do i need anything there? and how do i play against him in warcraft? do i go to local area network in the game? there is no system link option. thank you so far.

n/m turns out you can't play warcraft III through a straight connection, or thats what blizzard website says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom