Home Network - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

elafing

Beta member
When a file is deleted on a networked pc where does it go _ I need this file and its not in either of the recycle bins. Thanks in advance. .

ok here is some more detail to the situation. I have 2 desktops networked, I used desktop 1 to get into a folder on desktop 2 i then deleted the files in the folder. Is there a way to get them back I have looked in both recycled bins and nothing is there. :confused:

It won't be in the recycle bin since it is a network file or folder. Your best bet would be to use a software program that 'revives' deleted files.

When you delete a file locally, it tells you the file will be moved to the Recycle Bin. It does not say this when you delete over a network. This is because it doesn't move to the recycle bin, it deletes the file. Your only hope would be to try something that can recover the information left on the drive (deleting a file doesn't erase the whole thing, just the pointer to the file), however, if you've been using the PC since deleting, the old file data could have been overwritten with new data, rendering the old file completely deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom