help please...going crazy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

luohan13

Beta member
please help somebody... i hooked up a d-link wireless router to my main comp and hooked up the wireless card to my laptop. Ever since then, i've been having problems with my internet connection. Basically, when i first turn on my comp (main comp with router attached) i have no problem; i can go online with no prob. After about 10min of the comp being on, if i try to go online it says page cant be displayed. I would have to disconnect my network, then re-connect it in order for the internet to work again. 10min later, its the same problem all over again. The past day or 2, its gotten even worse. I can disconnect and re-connect as much as i want; i'll still get page cant be displayed. So, now i have to restart my comp in order to go online again..... CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP???? oh, and i dont have this prob on my laptop. thanks any help would be great.

You might have a weak connection which looses the connection after a while.
You could also have radio interference.

Do you have multiple wireless networks in your area? Some might be messing with it. I think i have one that screws up my wireless network for all the pc's, apple can connect fine. So i have to just wire them all up, it could also be that you have a few g's and b's trying to connect to the same connection and your router might not handle that too well.

i dont know if i have multiple wireless networks in my area. i have my main comp connected to the router and my laptop connected to a wireless card. does anyone know how i can fix this problem that im having?

make sure the wire connected to your desktop is not bent or smushed anyways i had a similar problem cause i was sitting on my cat5 line and i almost threw the computer out the window when i realized it worked when i stood up and didnt work when i sat down lol stupid me:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom