Help! I Can't Connect To The Net!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnMyMan

Beta member
Hi,

My laptop has a Proxim wireless network card, that allows me to connect to the internet from the hub(Belkin). I have been surfing the net for a few months already without any problems, just recently, my laptop and 2 more other computers couldn't surf the net at all even though it showed the network was still connected in the taskbar.
I have restarted my computer, reconnected, enabled all the services that related to network connection in the Administrative Tools(Control Panel), but nothing worked. If I leave it for a day, everything will comes back to normal, but I'm sure the problem will come again soon as it happened a few times already. Sometimes it occured just while I'm surfing the net, and it's a pain in the neck.

I have a Jetstream connection, which is slightly slower than broadband.

So please, please Help......!!!
Hi,

Hi,

Yes, I think so. There is no problem with the router or modem. Even if there is, then why when I left my laptop untouched for one night, I could surf the net the next morning? Isn't it I can't surf the net at all, at anytime, because if there is a problem with the modem, i don't think it will go away if I won't use it for a day or so. Do you think it is the causes of viruses?

P.S. Thanks for the reply!

well i am going to say it is not any of the computers. the reason for this being the chance of four computers having the exact same problem at the exact same time is slim. It is prob a device that all of them use like wasisnt suggested. when you run into this problem, unplug your router and your modem. let them sit for atleast 10 seconds and then plug them back in. We had this problem a lot when i had dsl and two many computers were using the internet even though it was going through a router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom