HELP !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

james b

Beta member
Hi,
I dont know much about this subject and was wondering if a website says you can send information through the internet and make it arrive on the phone as an SMS.

Or does anyone know if this is possible ?

Thanks,
James

Sure it's possible to send an SMS through the internet. Easiest/cheapest thing that comes to mind is Skype, usually costs about 10c I think.
SMS rates - Skype

It's free to download, you just need to buy credit (like you would on a phone)

I thought that sending data over the internet is much cheaper than sending the same sized data using SMS, so why do skype charge the same fees as a normal SMS message would cost ???

As well as the above, i was also wondering if there is a way to send an sms without the other person having to use the internet. Like using ports and protocals or any other way ????

Thanks, that would be great but i dont think gmail sms is available in the UK.

Do you know how they are able to send sms via the internet?

+ does it only cost them the connection to the internet to send the message, or do they convert the message into sms to be sent and are charged for this and therefore they put 50 credits on ?

thanks

james b, please use the edit button (bottom right of your posts, looks like a pencil) to add something. We don't allow double posts unless it has been more than 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom