Help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaskTool

In Runtime
Sorry for posting my problems all over your forums..

Basically I have been using a LinkSys router for as long as a I can remember, it is wireless but we only use it wired, to direct internet to our 2 computers. Basically this thing has given us so many problems in the past.

It will work flawlessly for about a year, and then it will start to act up.

This time my internet started becoming really slow, until I had almost no internet. And then finally it stopped working. I went to my modem, and the lights weren't flashing like they normally are. I troubleshooted for a while, and found that my other computer also connected to the router, was not working either initially, but I tested it by plugging it in directly to the modem, and the internet worked fine. So I plugged it back into the router, and tried it again, and the internet worked. So I said cool!, and went to hook this computer back into the router, as is the one that is currently working.

But immediately it said Limited or No connectivity. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to work. I do not know anything about networking, so I tried things such as, ipconfig /release /renew etc, and repair connection, etc etc, but none of it worked. I then unplugged the other computer from the router, plugged this computer into the modem directly, and it didnt work at first, which made me panic. After screwing around with the settings, it worked with the modem. I then plugged this computer into the router, and it worked, then I plugged the other computer into the router, and now that one does not work?

I am so confused but I am sure this can all be fixed with a simple ip address setup if I am right? Could somebody explain what is happening?

I also forgot to mention that for about a month straight, whenever somebody else would turn on the computer in the living room it would screw up my internet on this computer, and we would then have to reset the router for us both to be able to use the internet. That has stopped working.

How old is it? like any electronics, they degrade and die.

Have you got the newest firmware? I found my linksys had issues until i put the last firemware in.

Have you locked the wireless? or better yet turned it off?

How old is it? like any electronics, they degrade and die.

Have you got the newest firmware? I found my linksys had issues until i put the last firemware in.

Have you locked the wireless? or better yet turned it off?

We have had the router for about 2 and a half years.. The wireless is enabled since I do not know how to disable it. Assuming the settings reset once the router is turned off anyway, which we have to do since we always have problems with it. It would be a pain to have to keep configuring the router each time we reset it.

Have4 you looked to see if someones leaching off your signal?

Turning off the signal is 2 clicks btw.

So do you have the newest firmware?

No I havent downloaded the newest firmware, and I don't have a clue how to check if someone is using our internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom