Hacking questions

smackdaddy3565

Beta member
If I was using my password protected wi-fi and someone obtained my password, could they install spyware on my computer via the wi-fi.??
Just curious, same scenario if one was using a free wi-fi spot and two or more people were connected would could they have access to each other computers

Last edited:
They could possibly inject malware onto the network - this is how worms spread over networks.

They can also sniff traffic / packets and possibly see other details, such as login info for websites/banking info/etc.

Essentially, if they have your password to your network, they can connect to it and see everything you can see. This is why it's important to have a secure password (for both the wifi network itself, as well as the router login), firewall, etc. MAC filtering can help add an additional layer of security, where it will only allow systems that you have registered with the router by adding the computer's MAC address of the network device.

Make sure when you are on a public network that you have disabled the sharing options for public networks.

Back
Top Bottom