Future Threats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbit

Baseband Member
I am curious to hear what everyone thinks will be a future threat to computers and networks. I know the first car to get infected has happend already, cell phones can be damaged, what is next?

I'm sorry, car?

Um, but the next thing to be infected will be the new browsers (not new, but ones that aren't MSIE)

refrigerators. With things like the Firewire home networking that was being praised by several companies last year, when all of your home appliances are networked, They will become vulnerable. Think about it... They already have an oven that can chill too, so you come home to find that your roast has been cooking for 8 hour instead of 3 and at 500 instead of 350. Makes for a burnt disaster... :)
my 2 cents anyway...

edit...

^yes a car. I think it was a beamer with Bluetooth. You can hack in on the signal and modify settings of the system. Also, there was another car that was running a version of Windows that caused a glitch where the car wouldn't slow down or somthing like that...

Anything that has remote access can be hacked, cracked and infected with something. It's just not possible to protect things like that.

Some how my buddy got a virus on his nokia cell,He sent it in and they couldn't do nothing with it,Thank god it was under warranty so they gave him another one,Pretty soon you are going to be getting virus' for everything and anything :(

What if people start plugging into computers like in The Matrix? I wonder if you could get a virus from that? Imagine getting off of your computer to find that you keep passing out because your brain's buffers keep getting overflown :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom