firefox not responding on one comp in network

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
Hey guys, me again, heh. New problem though.

I have three PC's on a network sharing internet access. Two of them always are able to connect to the internet (always connected with DSL). But my recently formatted and fresh installed SP2 PC keeps losing connection until I reboot my PC. Weird thing is, that only Firefox loses connection, not any other intenet related programs like AIM and Bittorrent. I clear my cache manually via internet options in my control panel.

All computers use Firefox, only mine will lose connection until I reboot. I get the "the website could not be found" message when I try to go to any site. Even more wierd is that, even though Firefox loses connection, the plugins for Firefox don't (like my forecastfox).

Are there any settings in Firefox that I should look for and change? How would I begin to alleviate this problem?

I have to use the IP that the router/modem assigns the computers or else it will not connect at all.

It's the propriatary SBC DSL service. We have spent money on wireless routers and cards, hardware routers and none worked and we finally figured why when they said the only way have a network would work is if we had their router/modem, and yeah, it was in fact the only thing that worked. And it's not like we don't know how to set up a network because on all our other ISP's we have had, our own routers have worked after setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom