Extending my wireless network

Status
Not open for further replies.

jucam87

Baseband Member
Hi!

I'm trying to extend my wireless network to all the house but i've been unsucessful. What I have is a Motorola SBG900 which is also my modem. A D-Link dir-615 and an airport express. I searched the internet and found out that neither router is compatible with my airport express extending the network. I also found out that there's the possibility to change the firmware of the router so it can have WDS and now be compatible with the airport Express, but I'm not that sure. If this was the case I can only change the firmware of the D-Link because the motorola is from my ISP. I also found out that my D-Link is only capable of extending my network by LAN (connected directly) and not wirelessly. I don't know if with what I have is possible to extend the network. If not then what can you recommend Ido?

Thanks!

just find a wireless gateway or repeater and place it strategically in your house.

Router = DHCP
Gateway/Repeater = DHCP off
Same Subnet
Same Default Gateway.

In Motorola SBG900: Reserve address for gateway/repeater. ex: 192.168.0.2-3... but don't use the gateway... obviously.

just find a wireless gateway or repeater and place it strategically in your house.

Router = DHCP
Gateway/Repeater = DHCP off
Same Subnet
Same Default Gateway.

In Motorola SBG900: Reserve address for gateway/repeater. ex: 192.168.0.2-3... but don't use the gateway... obviously.
+1, best way to do this. Essentially you'll have one master router giving IP addresses to all the other devices on the network, including the additional routers that are extending the size of your wireless network.

Ok, but is it then impossible for me to use the router or the airport express I already bought??? thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom