Electric Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNiPeRViRuS

In Runtime
A friend of mine mentioned that he heard about a new type of internet connection.

Its based on using the houses electricity and sending the internet signal from the modem, directly to the other computers in the house using the electric lines. Can someone post some more info on this?

I think its slow(like dialup slow) and not popular at all, i don't know anyone and have never heard anyone to have used it. and I'm pretty sure it requires special hardware, which i've never seen either.

IBMan said:
I think its slow(like dialup slow) and not popular at all, i don't know anyone and have never heard anyone to have used it. and I'm pretty sure it requires special hardware, which i've never seen either.

Yes, but I think that it is still work in progress if you read the article , so that is robally why you have never heard of anyone having it.

:cool:

Sounds liek a long *** wait to me..

Does anyone have an online guide to cabling your house for a wired LAN between the home computers?

They have been talking about this for years. It would be a viable rural broadband solution, but it pollutes the radio spectrum and causes ammature radio users big problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom