downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHNMAN

Banned
can anyone explain and tell me how to improve my dowload speed its really slow currently downloading battlefifled 2 patch 1.3 at 13.7 kb even do i hjave 512 ram and a 2mb internet connection

Moved your thread here as it fits more into the category of internet access.

To answer your question, try a different server. There's a good chance that the server you are downloading from is bogged down, especially if your internet connection is otherwise fast.

Computer RAM has nothing to do with downloading speed.
I have an old Emachines, Cyrix 233Mhz, with 64MB RAM, and its still a rocket at downloading.

My guess is just a bad server, you might be too far away from it. Have you tried different mirrors?

no, i got from the EA server, 1.3, in about 30 minutes :p

can you describe your internet connection..?

cable modem --> router (?) ---> wireless ---> wired? etc

blue are you downloading via torrent? if so than it my be the seeders..but other than that youare just downloading from a bad place sounds like to me..javascript:smilie(':bald:')
bald

It took me forever to download that patch. Just wait alittle while longer. Actually, i dont even recommend dowloading that patch right now. There are quite a few problems with it. Keep playing with the previous patch.

ha, it fixes the issue with the jumping out of a hellicopter when your turning thing.... i just noticed that today, i jumped out cause someone had a lock on me and it just kept flying higher and higher then BOOM

but never... EVER download from softpedia if you can help it... their servers are so bad :(

eventually you will need to download that in order to play on the ranked servers... most of them update pretty quickly with my experience... which isn't THAT much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom