Direct Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stillxlife

Baseband Member
Is their any way i can set up a network type direct connection to my friends computer without being on a network? Transfering large files on AIM at 20kbs just isnt cutting it anymore.

You can do a few things,

You can use a crossover cable, USB, Firewire, parallel or serial cable to direct connect to the computer.

I suggest using the faster technologies like the crossover network cable or the USB.

Are these two computers in the same vicinity? You said it was your friend's so Im thinking no. Check this google search out and choose one of the p2p programs of your choice. I know when you read this you will think "kaza." Nope- this isnt kaza. There are newer types out there now days that will give you a direct connection. The second hit on that page is the only one i have tried out, called DC++, its pretty cool. I think you and your friend should be able to set up a little chat room and share back and forth. Thats how I did it when I was checking it out. good luck.

EDIT
sorry I didnt examine that google search to well, looks like there are only two p2p progs listed. NeoModus and DC++. looks like both might be able to allow you to transfer at higher rates then AIM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom