Dell TrueMobile 1300 Wireless B/G problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailrider894

Baseband Member
so i'm fixing a laptop for a family freind. and here is the issue. it is a HP Pavilion N3295 and i am supposed to install a wireless card on it (Dell TrueMobile 1300 Wireless B/G) and can't find any driver's for the card. i thought that i had the right driver's from the internet download but i installed them and it didn't work???. my other question is?? is it even compatibile with the Pavilion N3295??
cause it wasn't with my dad's Thinkpad T40????

Hello,

Did you get the driver from Dell's site?

It should be compatible. I dont see why it wouldnt be.

Cheers,
Mak

yes i did i have the driver from dell, but i just can't get it to install. i go to install the driver ( i downloaded it put it on a flash drive and transfered it) and it go's through all the install shield setup but as soon as i actually hit the next button to start the installation it show up with and error messages than stop's the installation???? like i said i really need to fix this or know that it just isn't gonna work!!

Hello,

When you click on the executable from Dell does it extract to a folder named Dell in your C: Drive? If so you should be able to use the Device Manager to force install the drivers.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

That will be the issue then. I can almost guarantee that the driver is for XP and above. Maybe 2000. I highly doubt that there is a driver for Windows ME. You will have to contact Dell to see if they have a Driver for that product for that OS.

Cheers,
Mak

Normally if a OEM hasn't got drivers for your OS on there support page it's likely that they haven't got them at all.

Plain and simple...
ME is an upgrade to the Windows 98 kernal. It's not based on the NT kernal. 2000 is based on the NT4 kernal like XP. If it doesn't say that it supports 95/98 than it will not support ME. If the supported operating systems for this card begin with NT4 or 2000 than it simply is designed around the NT kernal. You will never be able to get this to work correctly with ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom