Decoders for the broadband modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messer

Beta member
Somebody told me that there are some decoders for the modem as well?
The same as people use decoders to get satelite TV, the same would be for the modems as well.
So I have been told that you decode the modem serial bars and effectevely you activate the modem on the broadband cable you already have in the house.
How does these things work?

For a cable modem to work on a modern CMTS system, it needs to be activated on the cable network. If you take a random cable modem and put it on a network, it will be able to find the carriers that it needs, but then will look to a server for authentication, and fail.

The reason it works for satellite is because the receiver does not authenticate with it's source (satellites in space). A receiver has a card that has the 'key' to different channels. With this 'key' it is able to unscramble the signal that it is receiving and turn it into a usable data stream.

Furthermore, either of these things are/would be illegal. I'd suggest not trying either. Well, the modem thing is a waste of time, and the satellite thing is stealing.

The modem is activated yes, but after I have the decoder what exactly needs to be done to change the code bars?

Messer said:
The modem is activated yes, but after I have the decoder what exactly needs to be done to change the code bars?

Ok, I know what you are trying to accomplish now. Unfortunately (for you) you are not going to find the information you seek here. I can guarantee you that if you look at your license agreement with your ISP that they will disallow modifying your modem in any fashion.

closedv2copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom