D-Link Router problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zobie

Solid State Member
Hey all! I've got a rather annoying problem I can't seem to fix.

My D-Link router (DI-624) is being kinda mean to me. It worked great for a good while, and then the connection between it and my computer died. This computer is connected wirelessly, and the other is connected via ethernet cable/card. When I try to run a network connection wizard, it sees the LAN network, but it tells me not all of my network hardware is connected. I check the "ignore" box, and then it just doesnt work. The connected light on the back of my card is on, as is the light on the router saying that port is connected. I tried all four ports on the back of the router, still no luck. I also tried pushing on the ethernet card, also no luck. Can't connect to the router is my only problem. I can't type in "192.168.0.1" and get access to my router, so I'm not even connected to it at all, although the lights on the router and the card say I am.

I just recently put in a new hard drive, which made me lose my usb controller drivers, so the wireless thing isnt an option. (I can't find those drivers...)

If you could help, it would be very very appreciated... Alls I wanna do is get it online and play my games! <tearwipe>

Alright, never use the network connection wizard again. It doesn't really help, and you're better off doing it the old fashioned way.

What's likely happening here is that you're not getting an IP address. Possibly due to you not having a network driver installed.

You stated that you recently put in a new hard drive? Did you install windows on it? or is this a secondary hard drive?

What model network card do you have? If you don't know, what model computer do you have?

Well go to device manager and see if you even have an ethernet controller installed. You're probably missing all of your drivers. Find out your motherboard model and search the manufacturer website for drivers for USB slots. Or use the setup CD if it's a prefab system, it should have all the drivers on there supposedly.

Do you have an IP address? in start -> run -> cmd -> ipconfig /all

do you see anything or does it just say "Windows XP Configuration". if so, you don't have any network information at all.

If you just got a new HD, like the guy above said, did you put an OS on it, is it your primary drive?

Thanks for the help guys, but I've solved the problem...

Yes, windows is installed on this hard drive, and yes, I have all the drivers installed.. My problem was solved by putting my ethernet card into a different card slot... Not sure if there is something wrong with the slot, or if the computer just re-installed the card or what, but it works fine now... Thanks though, you two :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom