Couple questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidious1120

In Runtime
I brought my desktop pc downstairs to my moden and wireless router to connect through a ethernet cable rather then wireless. So i uninstalled the US Robotics software and didnt both taking out the USR card if that matters. And i just stuck the ethernet cable from my Modem which measn disconnecting my router to my comp it didnt work so i connected to modem to the router and connected my pc with a cable through the router but i couldnt connect. All i did was connect the wires one expect to go on the inernet what else do i have to do?

Also

When i stilll have my USR wireless card in i reinstalled my USR software but it said no card was found which means i had to move it to a diffrent slot on my comp which then a new hardware thing popped up and i followered the directions and it worked. Is there a shortcut rather then keep moving the card?

Troubleshooting your wired connection.
Not sure why you are using a wired connection if the wireless works but here goes.
You want to connect your routers external interface back into the modem and plug your system into an ethernet port on the router. Next you need to verify that you have a hardware connection which means that the ethernet lights for that port light up when you plugin your host. You can leave your wireless card in and just disable it for the time being. After you have a wired connection you will need to setup your ethernet card for dhcp which is in the properties section of your ethernet card. Dpeneding on OS you may need to reboot. After all is done go to dos and type ifconfig and make sure you have an IP and gateway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom