Connectivity problems

S4ndm4n

Baseband Member
Hi all,
I've tried and tried and can't seem to make this work so hopefully someone can help me out here.. I'm trying to run a private network with 3 computers (could be cut down to 2 if needed for some reason), and a NAS drive. The computers connect to the internet individually through a wireless hotspot since I don't have access to wired internet here. The computers get on the internet just fine when the other network adapter for the wired private network is disabled. The problem I'm having is that right now my computers won't discover the NAS and I can't get access to the files on it. I have a buffalo air station to handle the network traffic. I recently changed a setting in it from router to bridge in an effort to fix a different problem where when I had both wireless and wired adapters enabled, my browser and internet based apps would turn to the air station for internet even though it's not connected to the internet. I'm running windows 7 on all machines, set up a workgroup and am able to access the computers fine, just not the NAS. I can provide more info if it's helpful but I've been beating my head off the wall here for weeks trying to fix this issue and getting nowhere.

Thanks in advance!

I'm trying to understand here: you have a wireless network that has internet connectivity which your machines are connected to, and you have a separate private network which your NAS is connected to?

There's a wireless hot spot. That's used for internet. Then the computers are wired to a separate router with no internet for the private network

The wireless hot spot connects to the internet through the cell phone towers. We are out in the woods with no wired broadband available

All the computers can connect to the wifi hot spot but I'm not able to get connected to the NAS drive now. I'll try the ad hoc and see if that works for me, thanks

Back
Top Bottom