Connectivity Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I just did a jumper reset (even though my mobo has the two jumper plug method). The ethernet miraculously worked again on the mobo, but I have a feeling that it's going to screw up again. I really want to understand the problem, but this is just too **** odd.

Great, just as I thought, it failed again. This is frustrating. My mobo is Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R Rev. 1.1.

Revisiting the ethernet problem, I have recently built a new desktop PC and tried hooking it with my DSL modem and it still doesn't respond to the ethernet jack, whether it's from the mobo or a separate ethernet card. However, it is still very strange that when I hook up the ethernet wire from the DSL modem to the laptop, the laptop picks up the connection perfectly fine while the desktop suffers from the previously mentioned problem. Is there a way to fully reset a modem (VersaLink 327W) other than the conventional reset button in the back? Or perhaps I should just buy a new modem since it feels like it's going to kick the **** bucket any time soon? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom