Connection lagging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetop

Solid State Member
Okay so i have a Buffalo WBMR-G125 router, that i use to connect 2 computers on the net. My computer is on a wire, and the laptop in the house is on the wireless end. So when i play a game, for example WoW, the game lags when the other computer loads pretty much anything, youtube, images, any website etc... I do have a 12m connection (tho only 512 upload)... Any hints on how to remove the lag or improve it atleast? Or is it just something i have to life with? And.... Why so serious?

Okay let me ask what is a 12m connection? 12 Meter? 12 millimeter? It should be 12mb or 12Mb or 12MB. ;)

Just messing with you.

Which PC are you playing on? The laptop? WiFi has a tough time streaming information to and from the Internet. So if you are using the Laptop to play and on the WiFi connection that does seem about right. Cause even when trying to view a movie or something it will lag a bit.

You would need perfect signal and the resources being dedicated fully to the laptop for you possibly not to notice any lag.

Nope i don't use the laptop to play, i love my 22" screen too much.

368430425.png

thats the speed, in Mb/s lol (also notice the high ping, a week ago i got around 20)

Also nice that Joker replied... Noticed my Dark Knight comment? :p

Well my next suggestion would be to see how the ping is with the server you are using. Those are great speeds and it doesnt explain why you are getting such a bad connection unless your ping and latency with the servers is bad.

IT also depends on the time of day as well. Weekends and in the evening would be worse cause people are home and such from work and school to be on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom