Connection keeps switching to "Local Only"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTA 1911

Beta member
I have been having a problem for about a month where my internet connection will go from "Local and Internet" to "Local Only" periodically about every 10 minutes. The "Local Only" stage last about 3-5 minutes and I have no internet what so ever during that time. I can usually get along fine with errors and bugs that involve computers, but I have to say this issue has stumped me. Not that I haven't tried though, I have searched the internet and tried out my own ideas in an attempt to solve this problem but still no luck.

What I have done

- Updated the network driver
- Disabled IPv6, QoS and LLTP by removing checkboxes from the IPv6, Qos
Packet Scheduler, and both LLTP protocols in the network adapter properties
- Disabled the DHCP Broadcast flag as described in
Windows Vista cannot obtain an IP address from certain routers or from certain non-Microsoft DHCP servers

And of course my specs (keep in mind this is just a side laptop I use not my main computer, so I would really like to avoid buying anything)

Network Adapter: Broadcom 4322AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter (I have a Belkin router)
Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
OS: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 4092MB RAM
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650

Let me know if I need to post anything else. I have searched the Event Viewer for information on the issue but I can't tell which log goes with that particular problem. I would really appreciate anyone helping me to fix this issue because I'm out of ideas.

Are you sure? I just noticed something strange, this issue only occurs at night. It never happens during the day but as soon as it starts to get dark it begins switching to "Local Only".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom