Connecting wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

mataharimata

Solid State Member
Hi everyone,

I am trying to connect a second computer to my wireless connection. I have a Lynksys Wireless-G Broadband Router, model No WRT54G, and a Lynksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter, model No WPC54G. My other computer is connected already for a while and works fine. But after installing the wireless card on the second computer, if says that I have connection on the wireless icon but I cannot access the internet. Do I may be have to install as well the program for Lynksys Wireless-G Broadband Router or what should I do?
Can anyone please help me connect?

Thanks, I appreciate it!

install any software that came with the adapter, make sure adapter is in right, double click wireless connection status in the taskbar, and click view wireless networks, make sure you're connected to your network there

I installed the software that came with the adapter, but did not install the software that came with the actual router, as I don't believe that it is necessary and I already have it installed on the first computer where from I can access and configure the settings. What do you mean by saying "the adapter is in the right"? When I click on the taskbar and view the wireless networks, I see that I am connected with an excellent speed but for some reason cannot enter the internet - browse pages, play stream radio etc, nothing...
Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

I finally managed to connect. It was Norton that was somehow blocking the connection, so when I disabled it, it worked straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom