Computer not connecting to Internet (Windows 8)

NakedAnimal

Beta member
I tried to fix this issue all day yesterday, but I just moved cities and my computer which worked fine in my old house will no longer connect to Wi-Fi. I thought it was an issue with my PCIE Asus wireless network adapter as I could see that it was sending info but not receiving it so I bought a new PCI D-Link one. When I installed the new one I used the disc provided, but part way through the setup it said "network adapter not plugged in" even though it definitely was as the green light on the adapter was blinking. I then proceeded to manually install the driver from the disc using device manager, and that seemed to work but it won't connect to the network. It isn't a router issue as I am connected to it on this netbook right now. Could this be a motherboard issue? Or a processor issue? I even tried to "refresh" my computer which got rid of all software and the majority of drivers on my computer, but to no avail.

Is this on a desk top or laptop? Have you verfied the wifi password? If it worked at one location, it sould work at another.

If on a desktop, do not use two differant wifi cards at the same time. remove one of them.

Do a reboot. After reboot, go into your control panel and find device manager and see what it shows for network adaptors.

If on a laptop, remove the card and the drivers and do a reboot and again go look at device manager.

Back
Top Bottom