Cisco Equipment - Ebay - Company Contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyper

Baseband Member
I am looking to sell a Cisco 2950 on E-Bay.

I just got my switch (a 2950) from someone I really didn't know and just had one for sell. I don't know who it originally belonged to, but it is relatively new and in perfect working condition. I don't have the need for the switch and could definitely use the money instead. I just used it to learn. In all honesty, I don't know where the switch came from. The guy I bought it from said he got it from a relative's business. For all I know, it could truly be stolen (although I seriously doubt it, and hope I'm not guilty of being caught up in that!!)

So, here's my question. What if I put the switch on E-bay, and the buyer has a problem with it 6 months down the road. If he tries to RMA it through Cisco, will he/she having problems doing so? I certainly don't want them to give the Serial # to Cisco and find out it belongs to some company and they can't get it serviced and then have them come after me! Maybe the smartest thing to do is just keep it. Will Cisco replace it regardless of who the current owner is?

Let me clarify.. I certainly don't think it is stolen. The guy I got it from has a good reputation, etc.

Let's say Company A purchased the switch and just didn't need it, so they told Employee X he could have it. Then Employee X sold it to this guy who sold it to me. Would I (or another person) be able to get the switch serviced? How can I find out?

Cisco will not service this switch from what I understand, unless you have paid for a contract.

On a related question, how much are you looking for at selling this switch?

I'm not even sure what a fair price is. I am watching a few auctions on E-Bay now to see what they go for. Feel free to shoot me an email or something if you are interested.

mccain (at) yeahboy.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom