Cellular internet for PC?

Typer

Solid State Member
I'd like to switch my ISP to something like T-Mobile and access it with my PC using one of their hot-spot modems (if needed) but will it work?

Depends on network coverage in your area.. Plus it depends on how much data you use. Most providers that offer services like that tier monthly costs on amount of total data.. so like 50$/mo would give you X amount of data, and 100$/mo would give you X amount more.

Usually its not cost effective switching from a land based ISP especially because the speeds are slower, and the costs are higher.

I'm stuck with NetZero atm, so anything above that would be nice. T-Mobile apparently has an unlimited internet plan for $30-60 with a limited 4G speed data monthly cap, and an unlimited 4G plan at $70. If it's similar speed I really don't mind as long as it's actually unlimited.

Still no gaming at 4G? That's a bummer, but I guess it'll do for now. So I'm also gonna need the hotspot thing right?

You could go with the hotspot that creates a wifi so you can have more than one thing connected.. or you could go with the straight USB into a single PC.. i think they offer both.

Still no gaming at 4G? That's a bummer, but I guess it'll do for now. So I'm also gonna need the hotspot thing right?

Depends on the games - turn-based games would be fine, but anything like a shooter or reflex/timing-based, it wouldn't be a great idea because like iParanormal said, the latency will be quite high.

I don't play a lot of games, but it would be cool if like say Infinite Crisis was playable and not burdening to my team.

I'll see what they can offer, thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom