Can't reconnect Network Drive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. tech

In Runtime
I have had G: set-up for well over 6 months now. All of a sudden today after I added a secondary hard drive to my PC, G: has been disconnected... The folder it pointed to (C:\Program Files\GoldMine) still exists...

It still appears under the Network Drives header in My Computer but when I open G:, it displays a blank folder.

When I go into G: properties it says that it is a "Disconnected Network Drive".

When I try to re-map the network drive, G: is not displayed in the list of drive letters...

Lastly, when I try to manually disconnect the network drive, it doesn't do it.

What's wrong? I need it to be G: for a couple of reasons and don't want to have to set it as a new drive letter...

BTW, I have another network drive O: that is still working... Just G: is stuffing up.

I found the solution!!! Only by fluke though...

Somehow my USB connected DVD drive had switched itself to drive G: after I unplugged it last week. I'm guessing when I plugged it back in, it somehow switched to G: drive.

Because of this, G: drive was pointing to the DVD drive and also the network drive which resulted in it not working at all.

I followed this tutorial (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307844) and changed the drive letter of the DVD drive to F: which fixed my problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom