Cant Get Network To Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

archmotel

Solid State Member
i cannot seem to get my wireless network to start working. I have a belkin 802.11b. router, and a belkin pc card, but i cant get the two computer to see each other. Both computer see the router, but cannt see each other? I cannt figure out anything. NE got ne advice?

Windows XP? Ok, have you disabled the XP firewall on both computers yet? Has this ever worked? (important)

-Mike

Ok then, disable the XP firewalls if you have them active. When you install SP2 for XP, it re-enables the ICF on all machines. Goto your Network settings under Control Panel on both terminals and right click on the network that is active for you LAN connection you have installed. Goto properties and find the Advanced tab. Make sure that the Internet Connection Firewall is unchecked.

I still have the exact problem as archmotel. I've disabled the Xp firewalls and both the Wireless laptop and wired desktop can connect through the router, but can't see each other.

I did run the connection wizard, telling it to connect through a hub or router but it still won't work.

p.s. i have a Belkin 802.11g ADSL modem/router

P.p.s. here's proof of the modem/router seeing the 2 connections (desktop and laptop) in the DHCP Client list, but i can't get the two computers to file share :confused: :confused:

belkin.jpg

Can you ping one computer from another? If you can ping then enable a folder as a share on "powertower" and then from the other computer, "laptop", open up explorer and type in "\\powertower\(sharename)" With (sharename) being whatever the folder's sharename is.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom