Cant Connect Using Wired 100ft. Cable Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know that im getting 3 or 5Mb/s, n on the computers at school have only 256mb of RAM but the internet is so freakin fast! Way faster then mine at home even through wired, why?
Internet really doesn't use ram. Which is why you can have 256mb of Ram and still have smoking Internet. Ram is used for software and the OS to communicate, while technically some ram is used when on the Internet (90% because of the software IE), it really doesn't cause an issue.

I would also venture to say your school has a faster connection (probably multiple T1 lines) and you probably only have 1.5mb down and like 500kb up at home (DSL or Cable).

There are so many network variables that change between your home and school that it would be impossible to figure out why one location is faster than the other. Getting back to the original poster's issue, it could still be the cable. A less than perfect crimp can provide a low level of connectivity but not enough to do much of anything. This is especially the case if the crimp was done onsite and not at the factory. A 100-foot cable is so cheap these days, that it is worth trying new one to make sure if you have any doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom