Cant Browse but can ping

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaguarJag

Solid State Member
i have wireless connection using DLink Router
when i am using the Internet it stops browsing randomly although i still can Ping sites like (Ping yahoo.com) and see other computers in the same network but no browsing till i restart my computer
i dont have any firewall and this is become very annoying

can any one help me

You said it stop browsing randomly? If you can ping then your physical connection are probably working, It can be an application issue or you might be getting radio interferences or EMI like a microwave or cordless phone in your house might be the source of problem.

and thats what driving me crazy
i can ping that means i have connection but browsing suddenly stop :(

i have Anti Virus (Sophos) and Spyware Doctor and keep running them everyday

What shall i do, anyone help me :'(

I absolutely agree it is probably spyware, try using ad-aware or the trial version of spy sweeper. I recommend spy sweeper, you might but I'm not positive find the problem to be a hijacker. Try using different anti-spyware software so you have a better chance of detecting it.

Is it possible your router may have firewall setting on? Are you behind a proxy?

Try doing a ipconfig/all and show us your result.

create a new connection or repair your current connection in Network Connections under Control Panel

I think it has been established that this is not a hardware problem, which probably means there is a problem with your software. If I were you, I would phone microsoft technical helpline (asuming you are running a windows o/s), they can usually help with that kind of problem.

with my netgear router, and other ppl hvae also said, anything can just cut out like that, it cuts out randomly.

1 min im searching on this site, the next min when i click a link, it just says, finding page www.techist.com..

and thats it.

possible the router?

in my case it is anyway.

i dont think its the router coz i have MS Virtual Machine on my laptop i can browse from the Virtual Win XP but not from my laptop win xp!!!
if i restart or repair the connection it will work - lets say for about 2 or 3 hours - then got the same problem ( no browising but can ping )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom