Can't access router settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheers for the info guys, yeah I know the default....tbh I shouldn't have changed it but I'm so certain I'm using the right username and pass combo, it worked one day, and not the next..

I'll go find me a little hole to push an unfolded paper clip into.

When I purchased it I just kind of used the CD and let it do it's own set-up, right now both PC's are plugged in via Ethernet cables to it, though we are getting a laptop soon.

Oh by the way, any one know if Nintendo DS lite consoles are at all compatible with WPA or WPA2...I'd guess maybe you need to turn security off for them to connect? Need to know for a friend.

Nintendo Support:
While the Nintendo DSi is compatible with WPA security, Nintendo DS games with online play still require the use of WEP or no security to connect with the Nintendo WFC. Therefore, your connection settings for using these games must be set up on slots 1-3. If you need more details on using your existing router with our service, please visit the following section on our website:

Here is the link for that.

| Nintendo - Customer Service | Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection - WEP Key Help

hmm odd, I just got round to re-setting it, the usual green icons on the router went out, only two left which were orange, after about 10 seconds it was back as it was...but the username admin and no password still won't let me log in..

darn tried re-setting it, unplugging for a minute, nothing working. A quick google seems to show this is a common issue with multiple models of D-link router, them randomly not accepting log-in details, for some unplugging it works. not for me it seems...:sad:

Based on the manual ...DLINK DIR 615 ...
Default IP address: 192.168.0.1
Login: admin
Password: none (just press enter)

Attachments

• dlink.jpg
    dlink.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 24
just to update, right both ways of re-setting it and the info above, virgin media has given us a netgear router.

Now here's another story...
story over, just found a fix, yay for netgear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom