Can any wireless internet card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerunknown

In Runtime
Access any router or whatever?

Because I have a netgear router, and I used to have a netgear wireless card, until I threw my laptop on the floor, smashing it..

I know ;_;...

We have AOL, and I know how bad it is... I've been trying to get my parents to switch since we got it, but the last ISP we contacted didn't actually bother sending us a modem or anything.

The guy who sold me the laptop said that netgear was the only wireless network that was compatible ... But I'm not sure >_>

Not really, I prefer the Linsys myself, you can pay more for better longer range cards also. USB works too.

:mad:

Rawr...

I went into Shepards Bush yesterday, and my friend and I bought nunchucks, a rubber knife, and sparring mitts from the Meijin shop... then we went into Holland Park Kyoto Gardens... just to relax and enjoy the serenity of our surroundings... He also taught me the complete kata kankudai, as I didn't know the final few moves of it.

It was all very fun, but it meant I only had about £25 when I got to PC World...

The linksys card was about £40, and I also wanted to buy a mike...

If I had the money, I would have bought it, but I decided it was too late to find a different store or go home to restock on cash, so I bought a belkin card for £20...

When I put it into my card slot, my laptop just totally froze. Nothing would move, and the green light indicating that the laptop worked was off. When I pushed the button to remove the card, the laptop resumed as normal. It was veeerrry frustrating. To make matters worse, my keyboard has a loose connection, and it seemed not to be working at all, so I used the on screen keyboard (which annoyed me more). Also, there were a bunch of wires all over the floor, meaning my chair was at an angle, and my hardrive was falling onto the floor because of me pulling it out to try and secure the keyboard. Then, what was worse, was that in the middle of talking to someone on MSN, my keyboard decided to hold ctrl down permanently. I couldn't press enter, couldn't use the on screen keyboard (I had minimised it, tried opening it from taskbar but couldn't, and only one of those windows can be open at once...)

Also, I had no idea what was happening for like 10 minutes because of my n00biness... So I just went onto www.ytmnd.com and watched some funny vids to calm myself down.

All this time, my mother had been bugging me too...

This morning, the keyboards connection somehow got a little better and it started working again, but my mother forced me to clean up the closet before I could go onto the computer... My net was down for like 30 minutes too... We have enquired about switching from AOL, but the other ISP hasn't responded.

*sighs* ;_;

Summary: My laptop crashes when I fully insert a wireless network card... How can I stop it, it's rather insensitive of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom